Thursday, September 11, 2008

Herrro?

"So then, after I graduated from college, like, I totally, like didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. So then I started, you know, waitressing and it was, like, so much fun! I don't really, you know, read books. I think they're so outdated. Because, well, you know....."

BOOOOOOOO.

A bad date. Meeting the significant other's friends for the first time. Having to wash your grandmother's feet with Epsom salts. Used to be, you had to talk with a friend to get them to call you at a prearranged date and time. You'd make up your half of the conversation. They'd say dumb things on the other end so you could create some semblance of a conversational banter.

No more. Now there's getmooh.com. The name is an acronym that stands for Get Me Out Of Here. And it does just that in theory. You pick a time and date. You enter a phone number to call. getmooh.com calls it. Done. So far, the only drawbacks I can see is that it's free. And I say drawback because that means you can only do two calls a day. But, perhaps in the near future there will be a paid option that will allow them to purchase more minutes for mayhem...

Please use getmooh responsibly.

No comments: