Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's been awhile

So, with the holidays mixing things up, I've been away. Not that anyone cared. But I'm back with a vengeance. Whilst doing a little research for a potential project with a client that involves Google TV Ads, I spotted this little logo in the corner:






And so, like any curious cat I clicked and was taken to the YouTube Symphony site. The idea is pretty simple: have musicians from all over the world perform music in front of a camera and then submit it to YouTube. The best performers will then be selected and their videos will be combined to play the symphony that each musician was playing an individual part of. Genius! And to make it even better, the selected musicians will then play the symphony live in Carneige Hall.

I think this is a great example of the collaborative power of the internet working to accomplish something that NEVER could have been done before. We hear stories of musicians working separate from each other and laying down tracks like a game of chess-by-mail, but I don't recall this many people ever doing something like this.

Anyways, check out the YouTube Symphony. It's today's cool thing.

No comments: